LobsterAnywhere Reviews

Show reviews that mention
order lobster tails store lobster tails grocery lobsters maine ordered worth grocery store
Filter review

Not as advertised

October 2017 Just purchased the two pound Maine lobster roll kit from lobster anywhere.com. What a surprise. Lobster is from Canada. Not Maine, not NE. Canada. It was frozen and saturated with water once thawed. Completely tasteless. To top off the tasteless, waterlogged Canadian lobster was the Maine rolls which were store bought Pepperidge Farm hot dog rolls that can be bought in any grocery store throughout the US. Total waste of money. The response from management was they prefered the canadian product becsuse they thought the qualuty was better than the local Nes England lobster. Dont waste your money. Buy elsewhere
ID
#1120711 Review #1120711 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

?Maine Lobsters?

Buy Maine lobsters from a reputable purveyor of Maine seafood. Preferably, from the State of Maine, not Massachusetts. Maine has not been part of Massachusetts since 1820. Not having a 'store front' is troubling. You can't find # 12 anywhere on Oakland Street in Amesbury Massachusetts. Buyer beware. They also sell shrimp, they call it "Fresh"...the directions say "Preparation Instructions: Thaw. Preheat oven to 350. Place in oven safe container, dot with butter and bake for 10-12 minutes or until done. Baked stuffed shrimp ship frozen so order extra and store in your freezer." and "Colossal Shrimp are shipped uncooked, IQF (individually quick frozen)"...Frozen is not Fresh.

I bought the lobster kit. What a mistake.

Lobster meat is from Canada and frozen. Once thawed it was saturated with water.

Rolls were Pepperidge Farm hot dog rolls sold in every grocery store in America. I wrote a complaint on their website but it was deleted.

Not as described/ advertised

Jumbo were mini lobsters

For my first order to LobsterAnywhere I ordered 4 "jumbo" tails that were suppose to be 8-10 oz of meat. They turned out to be about 4oz per. I had paid about $!50 for the order. I felt like I got screwed and immediately texted them and told how I felt. They responded that I was wrong and that they had sent me 4 tails that weighed 8-10 oz. so, you live and learn I will never order from them again. They said, if I was unhappy, submit another order and they would give me a discount but didn't say how much or how they were going to do it online. When you go to their site they have nothing but good reviews, so they eliminate the negative reviews.
Fort Pierce, Florida
Product
Lobsteranywhere Lobster Tail
Not as described/ advertised

False description

LobsterAnywhere - False description
LobsterAnywhere - False description
I bought a coupon with 50% off from Amazon Local Deal for Lobster Anywhere. When I placed an order, their description indicated that I would receive two colossal lobster tail from 16oz to 20oz. However, I received 14 oz for each lobster tails only. I wrote to them and took a picture to show them but they didn't care to reply to me. As you can see on the picture, I set my scale to 0 before putting the two lobster tails on. What showed on the scale is the real weight. I am taking time to write a complaint to let other people know that they should expect the same thing happen to them when they order from this company. When they said 16oz, it is supposed to be 16oz. Anything is lower than that will be my lost.

thanks, I will look elsewhere now. This is too important of a gift to just not check reviews first.

Did you try contacting Amazon directly? They have a policy against a seller putting inaccurate descriptions on the page and selling you something you didn't want or expect.

They might take a few days but if you contact them you might get your money back. There is always a complaint through the BBB also.

#1198916
@PissedConsumer769403

was looking to order some lobster.. I know where NOT to order

View more comments (2)
Featured
Loss

Ordered $850 worth of lobster from Lobster Anywhere. Never delivered.

Update by user Feb 18, 2012

I would delete this report if I could. If appears to have been an honest mistake, and they have bent over backwards to try and compensate me for my trouble.

I entered the wrong number on mistake (computer auto-fill), and though I called the next day to clarify it was a legitimate order, it had already been flagged as fraudulent and not sent. I appreciate the CEO\'s humility over the matter.

Original review posted by user Jan 18, 2012
Ordered $850 worth of lobster for New Years Eve. Paid over $100 on shipping alone. Was supposed to arrive on December 31, but it never arrived. Tried frantically to contact company, but no one was in the office. Tried finding a viable email address to contact regarding this huge issue, and could not find one. Emailed CEO, Joe Bowab, expressing serious concern over my undelivered order. Citing that I had a large party of freinds expecting lobster, and I was really stressed out about it. Finally went to local grocery store and purchased lobster tails. It's been over three weeks, and still have not had the courtacy of a reply or apology. Warned Mr. Bowab that I would be reporting this horrible customer service if he did not have the decency to at least provide an explainantion. Never heard back. Do not trust LobsterAnywhere.com with lobster/seafood orders! It's clear to me that they do not care about the customer, and it shows. I am very disappointed in the horrible level of customer service received by this company. Order at your own risk!

As if anyone really thinks "Joe Smith" isn't associated with the offending company :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

Company shills are ridiculous, and easy to pick up on.

You were frantically calling a corporate office on New Year's Eve for your missing lobster? Did you really think anyone would answer?

You sound so dumb you probably gave them the wrong address. :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

Hello-- customer did not provide a valid phone # to verify the order. It was a large order.

We marked it as fraudulent-- while in fact it was a real customer- our fault. we are working to make it up to the customer

View more comments (2)
Logan, Utah

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article